Essentials of Medical Microbiology
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
ISBN : 9788194709015
Author : Apurba S Sastry, Sandhya Bhat
Publisher : Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd
Edition : 3/e (Revised Reprint)
Publish Year : 2021
Pages : 872
Size : 8.5″ x 11″
Cover Type : Paper Back
With CD/DVD : No
Weight (Grams) : 2035 Grams
Essentials of Medical Microbiology By Apurba S Sastry (2021)
What is new in this edition? This is the only textbook in ‘Clinical Microbiology’ based on infective syndromes, in accordance with the revised competency based MBBS curriculum.
- Divided into two parts—(1) General Microbiology, Immunology and Hospital Infection Control and (II) Systemic Microbiology.
- Systemic Microbiology (Infectious Diseases)—eight sections, each comprises of a first chapter on clinical infective syndrome followed by several chapters covering detailed information about the etiological agents.
- Chapters on Clinical Infective Syndromes-represent the first chapter of every Systemic Microbiology section; covers various infective syndromes pertaining to that system in detail.
- Parasitology has been Incorporated-obviates the reading of a separate book. Various parasitic infections have been discussed under respective infective syndromes.
- Hospital Infection Control Section—thoroughly updated with the inclusion of new topics such as major HAI types, monitoring of antimicrobial stewardship, escalation vs de-escalation strategy, donning/doffing of PPE and transmission-based precautions.
- General Microbiology Section-meticulously restructured with the inclusion of general virology, general parasitology and general mycology chapters. General bacteriology is reorganized into a single chapter with several subchapters.
- Overview Chapters—incorporated in the General Microbiology section, which will help in better understanding of organisms when discussed under Systemic Microbiology.
- Sterilization and Disinfection Chapter—completely revised based on hospital use of sterilizers and disinfectants; shifted to Hospital Infection Control section.
- COVID-19 Chapter—a completely new chapter has been added covering in detail about the most catastrophic disease, the COVID-19.
- Annexures-expanded to include several new topics such as opportunistic infections, transplant infections, national health programmes for communicable diseases, vector-borne diseases, transfusion-transmitted infections and AETCOM in Microbiology.
- AETCOM Module-added as a new annexure: covers topics pertaining to confidentiality in disclosing laboratory reports and demonstration of respect for patient samples.
- Recent Advances-updates made in laboratory diagnosis, treatment guidelines and vaccine prophylaxis of infectious diseases, of note tuberculosis and HIV.
- Epidemiology Updates on Infectious Diseases Included-recent outbreaks and geographical distribution with special emphasis on Indian epidemiology.
- References followed from Harrison 20th/ed, Mandell 9th/ed, Bailey & Scott’s 14th/ed, CDC and WHO websites and health care programme/guidelines such as ICMR, NCDC, RNTCP, NACO, NVBDCP, IAP Immunization and GPEI, etc.
- Inclusion of more tables, flowcharts, real images and schematic diagrams—for better understanding.
- One weapon, two targets—MBBS exam and PG entrance: Only textbook written in a PG entrance-oriented way so that the matter of textbook does not differ a lot from a PG entrance book (major deficiency with all other Indian UG textbooks).
|Dimensions||15 × 12 × 5 cm|
There are no reviews yet.
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.