Essentials of Medical Microbiology
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- The making of this book is a revolutionary event in our life, as we went through a journey where we experienced how Microbiology can be changed to suit to the need of an Indian Medical Graduate.
- This book is prepared according to new MBBS curriculum and the content of the book was modified from the traditional organism-based teaching to system-based teaching.
- Parasitology topics have been updated as per the current need of Indian Medical Graduate, under the respective infective syndromes, thus obviates the reading of a separate parasitology book.
- The reduction of the content is made by keeping the perspective of an Indian medical graduate in mind. The book is categorized into two parts, which is further divided into eleven sections.
Key Features :
What is new in this edition?
- Divided into two parts-(1) General Microbiology, Immunology and Hospital Infection Control and (II) Systemic Microbiology.
- Systemic Microbiology (Infectious Diseases)-eight sections, each comprises of a first chapter on clinical infective syndrome followed by several chapters covering detailed information about the etiological agents.
- Chapters on Clinical Infective Syndromes-represent the first chapter of every Systemic Microbiology section; covers various infective syndromes pertaining to that system in detail.
- Parasitology topics-have been updated as per the current need of Indian Medical Graduate and discussed under respective infective syndromes.
- Hospital Infection Control Section-thoroughly updated in various topics such as major HAI types, monitoring of antimicrobial stewardship, escalation vs de-escalation strategy, donning/doffing of PPE and transmission-based precautions.
- General Microbiology Section-meticulously restructured with the inclusion of general virology, general parasitology and general mycology chapters. General bacteriology is reorganized into a single chapter with several subchapters.
- Overview Chapters-incorporated in the General Microbiology section, which will help in better understanding of organisms when discussed under Systemic Microbiology.
- COVID-19 Chapter-has been revised and updated as per the current scenario.
- AETCOM Module-has been updated as per the CBME curriculum for second MBBS students.
- Recent Advances-updates made in laboratory diagnosis, treatment guidelines and vaccine prophylaxis of infectious diseases; of note tuberculosis and HIV.
- Epidemiology Updates Included on-recent outbreaks and geographical distribution with special emphasis on Indian epidemiology.
- References followed from the latest editions of Harrison, Mandell, Bailey & Scott, CDC and WHO websites and health care programme/guidelines such as ICMR, NCDC, NTEP, NACO, NVBDCP, Immunization and GPEI, etc.
- Inclusion of more tables, flowcharts, real images and schematic diagram-for better understanding.
- One weapon, two targets-MBBS exam and NExT entrance: Only textbook written in a National Exit Test (NExT)-oriented way so that the matter of textbook does not differ a lot from a PG entrance book (major deficiency with all other Indian UG textbooks).
- Most features of the previous editions are maintained-
- More content, less pages—handy look, saves student’s time.
- Concise, bulleted format and to-the-point text-easy to read during MBBS examination.
- Simple and lucid language makes the understanding easy.
- Separate boxes for summary of laboratory diagnosis and treatment-for quick review.
- Clinical case-based essay questions and MCQs incorporated at the end of each chapter.
|Dimensions||28 × 22 × 4 cm|
No more offers for this product!
There are no inquiries yet.