Textbook of Forensic Histopathology
Textbook of Forensic Histopathology is a foundation book aimed at all the postgraduate students and young practitioners of forensic medicine and toxicology. The book attempts to develop and bring in a culture of quality forensic services and bridge the gap in the current postgraduate forensic training in the subcontinent where histopathology is either not taught properly or taught superficially to forensic pathology practitioners.
The book attempts to develop and bring in a culture of quality forensic services and bridge the gap in the current postgraduate forensic training in the subcontinent where histopathology is either not taught properly or taught superficially to forensic pathology practitioners. If histopathology is being practiced by forensic practitioners then they can resolve a majority of cases. In fact, this is a kind of modular teaching at postgraduate level. Histopathology is a very important investigation in deciding sudden natural death, time of injury and specific findings in certain cases.
- Well organized into 42 chapters which cover subjects from basics of histology to advances in forensic pathology albeit in simplified form.
- The book covers the subject from basics of histology and anatomical pathology to forensic pathology so as to make the student understand the complexities better and in a simplified form.
- All forensic chapters have relevant case illustrations
- All the chapters deal with the common issues faced by most forensic practitioners.
- There are ideal postmortem reports supplemented with multicolor gross and histopathological pictures.
- A color atlas is given for quick assessment of key findings
- The book is also helpful in:
- Study of histopathology of natural diseases and some histological aspects of forensic cases.
- Study of morbid anatomy and pathological changes in organs during postmortem examinations and follow-up of these cases in histopathology laboratory.
- Interpretation of findings in relation to medico legal issues.
- Report writing through examples of case scenarios.
- Opinion expression in relation to different medico legal situations
|28 × 22 × 3 cm
There are no inquiries yet.