Textbook of Pathology (Free Pathology Quick Review)
While incorporating newer and updated features in the revised edition, care has been taken to retain the accepted style of presenting the material that is ‘easy-to-learn, retain and reproduce’.
Key Features :
- Competency-based curricular changes recommended by NMC incorporated as core/must-know, and non-core/desirable-to-know and their corresponding new assessment methods included.
- Updated text in academic and diagnostic pathology includes current definitions, additional causes, contemporary mechanisms, up-to-date international classifications of diseases (including WHO classifications of neoplasms, 5th edition) and modern approach to diagnosis and prognosis, in a simple, lucid, easily understandable and reproducible, user-friendly format.
- Newer content includes a new chapter on ‘Blood Banking and Transfusion’ and another on ‘Clinical Pathology’ incorporated in Appendix I along with Basic Diagnostic Cytology. Pathology of COVID-19 and its impact on different organ-systems incorporated in different chapters.
- Labelled gross and photomicrographs of high quality and better resolution added and amended; many of these were generously contributed by Prof Ivan Damjanov in previous edition; several schematic illustrations updated and amended.
- New tables added at several places for enhanced learning.
- Key points as gist at the end of every topic in bulleted points for a rapid revision of the subject in an ultra-short time.
- Chapter orientation paragraph given at the beginning of every chapter to peek through the entire chapter and meant to aid the user in systematic and organised learning.
- Revised companion book prepared exclusively on the pattern of competencies/outcomes as recommended by the NMC is given for free to the user of the textbook for a quick review of the subject.
- Complimentary online learning resource includes high-yield questions (long-answer type, short-answer type, MCQs, clinical scenario-based and image-based) and clinical cases along with key and explanatory notes.
- Cheers! No overburdening!! With all these additions and insertions, girth of the book remains unaltered, care having been taken not to overburden the already stressed students.
|28 × 22 × 5 cm
There are no inquiries yet.